Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vacuum Joe <va...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/16 01:56:50 UTC

No logging (or System.out) when I activate virtual hosts

Here's a very strange problem:

I'm running Tomcat, embedded within JBoss.  This is the latest version (5.5.20 I believe) of TC.

When I run this application on my office computer here, which has no virt. hosts, console log messages show up as expected.

When I then move it over to my production server, where the applications are running in virtual hosts, there are NO log messages of any kind.  ZERO.  I've tried using the Servlet.log() method, java.util.logging.Logger.severe(), and good old System.out.println().  Nothing shows up anything.  And it only happens when virtual hosts are a factor.

What's happening?  Is there some way to having both virtual hosts AND logging?  Or is it an either-or thing?