Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Buland Altaf <bu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/16 13:26:22 UTC

Help Require !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Theres,

I am stucking on some issues and those are:-

___________ Problem 1 ______________

>1. I am facing later mentioned problem of
>master-detail from on session time out.I am using
>DynaActionForms with array properties as form-bean
>property.
><form-property name="vefiryOrMakeBrokerDetail"

type="com.abamco.clientVerification.VerifyOrMakeBrokerPayments[]"/>

>and i have set session as its action scope. But 2.
>when my application restarts and i Re-fresh the
>

>>masteer-detail form it
>>gives me the following error:
>>
>>--------------------- Error Start
>>---------------------
>>
>>HTTP Status 500 -
>>
>>type Exception report
>>
>>message
>>
>>description The server encountered an internal

error

>>() that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
>>
>>exception
>>
>>javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1190)

g.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j

>>ava:821)

g.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)

g.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1480)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:524)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

>>root cause
>>
>>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>>	java.lang.reflect.Array.get(Native Method)

org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.get(DynaActionForm.java:296)

g.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getIndexedProperty(PropertyUtils.

>>java:474)

g.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getIndexedProperty(PropertyUtils.

>>java:428)

g.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.j

>>ava:770)

g.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:80

>>1)

g.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:881)

org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1188)

g.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j

>>ava:821)

g.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)

g.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1480)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:524)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is
available in the Tomcat logs.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.16
----------------- Error End -----------------

I have my own created reset button in which
i nullify all teh feilds. But, tis method is now a
callback method. I do't override the
reset(ActionMapping,HttServletRequest) method. All the
form properties exactly matching with their
corresponding dynaactionfrom properties and this
screen is working properly. It only behave abnormally
when my web app context restarts or tomcat restarts as
in that case session will lost.

__________________ Problem 2 _____________

2. Also, One more problem.I have tried to fix it but
as a new commer I have now stucked. Actually, I have a
bean which i want to use in jsp with iterate tag. and
i have like this:-

<logic:present name="individualAccountRegForm"
property="client">
<logic:iterate id="client"
name="individualAccountRegForm" property="client">
property="status"/>
indexed="true" property="clientId"/></td>
property="primaryClient" idName="client"
value="primaryClient" indexed="true"/></td>
</logic:iterate>
</logic:present>

I mean to say that if i have indexed properties and i
want to check some equal operator on it then there is
no indexed attribute in logic:equal or any other
comparison tag. even then it picks the indexed
property value properly. How this happens.Is thie any
auto build flexibility in those tags top check the
commign property that either iot is a normal or
indexed property.

__________________ Problem 3________________________

I have the radio buttons, but they are not behaving
properly.

I want to use radio buttons with indexed
property.Actually one of my indexed property will
behave like radio button and if i have more than one
rows then i will have more than one radio buttons.In
that case how can i set radio button to enable only
one at a time.I tryied it, but all the button will
enable at a time(menas previous button will remain
enable when we press any other radio button to get
enable it should disable the previous enable button)

regards,

=====

Buland Altaf Malik,
Software Engineer,
Softech System's(pvt)Ltd.
10/25 asad jan road lahore,cantt - 54810 Pakistan
Tel: 92-42-6665812 , 92-42-6660802

Mob: 0333-4344113
Fax: 92-42-6665792

http://www.softech.com.pk
buland_altaf@hotmail.com

RE: Help Require !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Jan Behrens <ja...@daxcolog.de>.
Buland,

you might have to rewrite your mail to get an answer. Subjects like "Help
Require !!!!!!!" usually ensure that no one ever bothers reading your post.
Please keep in mind that everybody on this list answers voluntarily in
his/her spare time. Please do not take offence and think of this mail as a
little advice on the unspoken rules of every mailing list. (and life in
general :)

Cheers, Jan