Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com> on 2006/01/03 22:44:55 UTC

Combining static file with results

I asked a question yesterday with too much of a preconceived idea of the
solution (http://tinyurl.com/cqqw3) and I'd like to try again in a more
general fashion.

Can anyone suggest a way of combining the information from one file with
the results of an <echoproperties> that doesn't involve a temporary
file.  I'm doing it now using one, but that grates on me, and I feel
there must be a simple way of doing so.

Currently I'm doing it like this:

     <target name="build-app-properties" depends="init">
         <echoproperties destfile="${temp.properties}">
             <propertyset>
                 <propertyref prefix="app."/>
                 <mapper type="glob" from="app.*" to="*"/>
             </propertyset>
         </echoproperties>
     </target>

     <target name="compile" depends="build-app-properties">
         <javac .../>
         <concat destfile="${class.dir}/app.properties" >
             <fileset file="${application.properties.file}"/>
             <fileset file="${temp.properties}"/>
         </concat>
         <delete file="${temp.properties}"/>
     </target>