Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/22 15:53:18 UTC

What is Doxia?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find some information on
Doxia.  Based on the name I'm guessing it's for
documentation.

Are there any resources showing usage examples?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: What is Doxia?

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Ole,

Eric is right. There's currently no documentation (user-level) for Doxia,
but the usual way it is used in maven is via the maven-site-plugin ( see [1]
)

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin

Re: What is Doxia?

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
You're correct, it is a generic documentation framework, allowing one to
write documents in one markup (xdoc, APT, etc) and generate something else
(HTML, PDF). It does this through the "sink" mechanism... any markup can
output to the sink API (defined as modules), and thus may render to any
supported type (via renderers).

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/trunk/

Unfortunately no, it is not documented. But it is built into the Maven site
generation, which you can use via the normal constructs - APT, XDoc.

Eric

On 11/22/06, Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find some information on
> Doxia.  Based on the name I'm guessing it's for
> documentation.
>
> Are there any resources showing usage examples?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ole

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond