Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Todd <bi...@163.com> on 2016/03/01 11:01:04 UTC

How does Hive do authentication on UDF

Hi ,

We are allowing users to write/use their own UDF in our Hive environment.When they create the function against the db, then all the users that can use the db will see(or use) the udf.
I would ask how UDF authentication is done, can UDF be granted to some specific users,so that other users can't see it?

Thanks a lot!

Re: How does Hive do authentication on UDF

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
There are several Hive authorization schemes, but at the moment none of them restrict function use.  At some point we’d like to add that feature to SQL standard authorization (see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/SQL+Standard+Based+Hive+Authorization ) but no one has done it yet.

Alan.