Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Raquel <ra...@thericehouse.net> on 2007/09/05 18:31:12 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: autolearn=failed

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 01:22:15 -0500 (CDT)
Dave Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Raquel wrote:
>

> > bayes_path /usr/spamassassin/bayes
> > bayes_file_mode 0777
>
> OK, is the directory "/usr/spamassassin" writable by the user-ID
> that you are running spamd as? What happens if you do a:
>     chmod 1777 /usr/spamassassin
>
> and then retest?
>
> Strong suggestion, do -not- put your bayes stuff into a directory
> that contains other SA components. Best to have a directory in
> your "/var" partition just for the bayes stuff.
>

> --
> Dave Funk

I changed this to:
    #chmod -R 1777 /usr/spamassassin
and it appears to be working now, although I shall be trying to send
mail to other users.

Thank you for setting me in the right direction.

I am wondering though why the previous permissions works on my other
server (Debian Sarge, Sendmail, SpamAssassin 3.0.3, and firing from
procmail)  Is it because calling SA from procmail I used
"DROPPRIVS=yes"?

--
Raquel
I hope we shall take warning from the example [of England] and crush