Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net> on 2011/01/12 19:19:58 UTC

Release plugin failing while trying to resolve artifacts

Hello all,

I'm trying to release a multi-module project using Maven 2.1.0 and
release plugin 2.0-beta-9.  When the release:prepare starts it tries
to resolve these plugins before even building the artifacts.  Since
they aren't yet available in the reactor, it looks in the local repo.
They aren't there, so it looks in the remote repo.  It can't find it
there so the release fails.  Why is it trying to resolve these
artifacts in the parent _before_ the artifacts are built?  Is there a
way to prevent this?

Rich

Re: Release plugin failing while trying to resolve artifacts

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
But you should still upgrade Maven! v2.1.0 is bad as Wayne points out.

/Anders

Posted by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm trying to release a multi-module project using Maven 2.1.0 and
> release plugin 2.0-beta-9.  When the release:prepare starts it tries

Maven 2.1.0 is "bad" and has weird issues -- you should not use it!!
Upgrade to 2.2.1 and try again.

Wayne