Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 10:13:24 UTC

[MINA] purpose of filter-codec-netty package

Why do we have filter-codec-netty in MINA?

The Decoder seem to use some Netty constructs like Message and MessageRecognizer

I am not sure if I get the use of this package. Is it like a bridge
between MINA and Netty
or I am missing something?

Has anyone used it before?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re : [MINA] purpose of filter-codec-netty package

Posted by Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr>.
Two of us thinking the same ... hmmm ...can't be a coincidence :)
 Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-
Blog: http://tedorgwp.free.fr
WebSite: http://tedorg.free.fr/en/main.php

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:19:07 +0530,
Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> >> AFAIK, this has been there for historical reason. I'm not sure it's
> >> needed anymore.
> >>

> > Hi,
> > It was for use with netty2 (trustin project before mina, pretty
> > old). I thought we passed a vote for remove this module of MINA 2,
> > but I can't find it.
> > I'm pretty sure nobody use it. I think we should remove it.
> >
> > Julien
>
> What's the final take? Go for vote again or simply remove it

Due to the huge angry mob in the street shouting about the removing
of this module, I think we could just remove it or move to sandbox and
see if someone complain ;)

Julien

Re: [MINA] purpose of filter-codec-netty package

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Re: Re : [MINA] purpose of filter-codec-netty package

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
I kill it today ;)

need to be done before any RC release

Ashish wrote:
> Why do we have filter-codec-netty in MINA?
>
> The Decoder seem to use some Netty constructs like Message and MessageRecognizer
>
> I am not sure if I get the use of this package. Is it like a bridge
> between MINA and Netty
> or I am missing something?
>
> Has anyone used it before?

AFAIK, this has been there for historical reason. I'm not sure it's
needed anymore.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [MINA] purpose of filter-codec-netty package

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.