Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de> on 2005/11/11 19:19:24 UTC

[ANN][configuration] 1.2RC1 available

In preparation of a 1.2 release of commons-configuration we have created
a first release candidate. Source and binary distributions can be found at

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC1/

The updated web site for this release candidate is available here:

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC1-docs/

The new version of commons-configuration contains a couple of bug fixes,
from which a major part is related to problems with file based
configurations and reloading strategies. There are also some new
features. A full list of changes can be found in the changes report at

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC1-docs/changes-report.html

For testing binary compatibility a clirr report was created. Results can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC1-docs/clirr.xml

Note that clirr reports two errors related to the load(String) method of XMLConfiguration. I believe that clirr has mixed something up: A new base class for file based hierarchical configurations was introduced, which implements all load() methods including the one with a String argument. This is what the other INFO messages about load() methods in XMLConfiguration are all about. So I don't know why clirr complains about this special method. It is definitely there and public.

Feedback is welcome! I will wait some time, and if no issues are reported, I will call out a vote for the final release.

Oliver
for the commons-configuration team