Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vidya <vi...@tcs.com> on 2016/01/29 13:24:15 UTC

Restoring backups of solrcores

Hi

I wanted to restore the core into a new one in solrcloud by following the
below link.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Making+and+Restoring+Backups+of+SolrCores

But I couldnt get the success value when restore is given.
It cant be implemented for solrcloud? If so, then what is the alternative
that can be suggested.

My requirement is say,
I have one collection called current_collection which has current weeks
data. In the later week, I want to move the data in current_collection to
previous_collection1 and index new week's data into current_collection by
removing previous data and storing it in previous_collection1.
How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Re: Restoring backups of solrcores

Posted by Jeff Wartes <jw...@whitepages.com>.
Aliases work when indexing too.

Create collection: collection1
Create alias: this_week -> collection1
Index to: this_week

Next week...

Create collection: collection2
Create (Move) alias: this_week -> collection2
Index to: this_week

Posted by Adam McElwee <ad...@mcelwee.me>.
It sounds like collection aliasing would be a perfect fit for you -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api4