Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/06 17:54:44 UTC

Fwd: baseDir problem solved!!

Glad to hear it worked, can you clarify what it was that worked, and
how the documentation should be changed so that others are not affected
by this problem? Thanks!

Also, I'm Cc'g <fo...@xmlgraphics.apache.org> so it's in the
Mailing List archives...

Web Maestro Clay

Begin forwarded message:
> From: Peter Kalsch <ka...@informatik.fh-kl.de>
> Date: July 6, 2005 2:50:18 AM PDT
> To: the.webmaestro@gmail.com
> Subject: baseDir problem solved!!
>
> Web Maestro Clay wrote:
>> In my experience, the 'default' basedir is where the Source XML file
>> is
>> stored. If you could place the graphics in a sub-directory of that
>> folder, it should work (unless you're streaming the XML...). One other
>> alternative I didn't see in your e-mail is using a URL instead of a
>> PATH.
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Web Maestro Clay
>
>  Hallo Maestro,
>  thanks a lot for your help!
>  The answer to my problem was very easy. Now the appilcation displays
> pics in the generated pdfs very well!
>  The baseDir:
>  <entry>
>  <key>baseDir</key>
>  <value>http://localhost:8080/webAT/templates/pdf/</value>
>  </entry>
>  must be a url and not a base directory. It was a simple
> misunderstanding. That's my fault :-(
>  btw:
>  The images must not be placed in subfolder.
>
>  Many thanks, best regards
>  Peter

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay