Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be> on 2001/04/25 23:20:31 UTC

SOAP nightlies don't have SMPT transport? (was: Re: SOAP over SMTP -- help)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:01:40PM -0400, Shahid Ahmad wrote:
> The soap.jar from the nightly build (010422) does not appear to have the
> SMTP transport classes within it, by doing the following : jar -tvf soap.jar
> you will see that their are no SMTP classes present?

You're right! I just leeched a nightly binary and indeed, it's missing.

Who's doing the nightly builds? Sam? (The tar file says rubys/rubys as
user/group.) Could you please include the SMTP transport required jars
in your build environment? Last time I checked, they could be found
here:
   http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/pop3/index.html
   http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/smtp/index.html

> >From here I thought -- have to take and build the source -- so I did this.
> Unfortunately I still have the same problem I mentioned before:
>
> "The encoding of the reply email address, in other words the "From" address
> is buggy. It appears to not work properly. If I modify the class
> org.apache.soap.transport.smtp.SOAPSMTPConnection so as to comment out the

Hmm, my patch only addressed your issue #2 below. I was assuming that the
#1 problem had something to do with your code or your environment setup,
as all this worked peachy for me when I tried it (which is... exactly once -
to test if that patch worked...). So I don't know what the problem is
there...

bfn, Wouter

[...]