Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by petros <pe...@cypoz.com> on 2007/05/30 09:01:43 UTC

ComponentClassResolverImpl

I have the following error in my log file

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve page
'styles/images/bg' to a component class name.  Available page names: Login,
Start,  users/UserDetails
at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.resolvePageNameToClassName(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:257)

which is caused by the line (in style.css)
background: #f4f4f4 url(styles/images/bg.gif) top center repeat-y;

The directory structure is
/styles/images/bg.gif
/styles/style.css

How can I solve this problem ?

Petros

Re: ComponentClassResolverImpl

Posted by petros <pe...@cypoz.com>.
That solved my problem....
Thanks,
Petros

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
That's a jetty configuration setting.  I don't remember the exact place /
config option but you can find it in the jetty confluence site somewhere.
Something to do with windows file locking.

On 5/30/07, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hint:
> assuming your css is in webapp/css,
>
> url(images/bg.gif)  would point to webapp/css/images/bg.gif
> url(/images/bg.gif) would also point to webapp/css/images/bg.gif
> url(../images/bg.gif) would point to webapp/images/bg.gif
>
> I was just solving this issue with my code as well.
> BTW- I noticed that I can't save an edited css file in eclipse, if
> jetty is running and has served the page (ie6 or firefox)
>
> "Could not write file:
> C:\Projects\wtpworkspace\IEIS2\src\main\webapp\css\test.css."
> So I have to stop and restart jetty6. =(
>

> On 5/30/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > url() references in a stylesheet a relative to the stylesheet.
> > url(images/bg.gif) will generate a proper URL to a real resource, and
> > Tapestry won't attempt to interpret it as an action request URL.
> >
> > On 5/30/07, petros <pe...@cypoz.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > I have the following error in my log file
> > >
> > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve page
> > > 'styles/images/bg' to a component class name.  Available page names:
> > > Login,
> > > Start,  users/UserDetails
> > > at
> > >

> org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.resolvePageNameToClassName
> > > (ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:257)
> > >
> > > which is caused by the line (in style.css)
> > > background: #f4f4f4 url(styles/images/bg.gif) top center repeat-y;
> > >
> > > The directory structure is
> > > /styles/images/bg.gif
> > > /styles/style.css
> > >
> > > How can I solve this problem ?
> > >
> > > Petros
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: ComponentClassResolverImpl