Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by lu...@free.fr on 2008/02/01 13:24:24 UTC

[math] going towards 1.2 release ?

Hello,

Their have been lot of work done recently on [math]. The last bugs have been
fixed  and should be closed in Jira soon.

What about preparing 1.2 release ?

Luc

Re: [math] going towards 1.2 release ?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 2/1/08, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 11:55 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> > sebb a écrit :

> > > Just run Findbugs on the code; I'll post a JIRA with the findings (not many).
> > >
> > > SVN includes some source under mantissa - is this obsolete, or a work
> > > in progress? It does not compile (e.g.
> > > org.spaceroots.mantissa.estimation package is missing), and is not
> > > included in the M2 build.
> >
> > It is part of a code base progressively integrated into [math]. For this
> > version, the ode, estimation, geometry and optimization packages as well
> > as a few classes from the random package have been moved from mantissa
> > to [math]. What is left in the directory will be reduced further as
> > other packages are included in future releases. The final leftover will
> > be dropped. So this directory should be considered an internal base for
> > developpers only, it is not part of the release.
> >

> > > Also, Junit for Java 1.3 is now at 3.8.2; might as well update the build?
> >
> > Yes. I'll update the pom file.
> >

> > > It would be useful to include a simple "how to build" document in SVN
> > > (and on the web-site).
> >
> > Sure. Should we be consistent with some document shared accross all
> > commons projects or should we write something ourselves ? I think we are
> > similar to other projects, currently switching from maven 1 to maven 2.
>
> A number of components have "building" pages that are vaguely similar,
> but I don't think theres consistency - if you want something to start
> with I updated Commons IO's building page for maven2 recently:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/io/building.html
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/trunk/xdocs/building.xml

We actually have such a page in [math]
http://commons.apache.org/math/developers.html

which needs to be updated.  Add to release todo list :-(

Phil

Re: [math] going towards 1.2 release ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/02/2008, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 11:55 PM, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> > sebb a écrit :

> > > Just run Findbugs on the code; I'll post a JIRA with the findings (not many).
> > >
> > > SVN includes some source under mantissa - is this obsolete, or a work
> > > in progress? It does not compile (e.g.
> > > org.spaceroots.mantissa.estimation package is missing), and is not
> > > included in the M2 build.
> >
> > It is part of a code base progressively integrated into [math]. For this
> > version, the ode, estimation, geometry and optimization packages as well
> > as a few classes from the random package have been moved from mantissa
> > to [math]. What is left in the directory will be reduced further as
> > other packages are included in future releases. The final leftover will
> > be dropped. So this directory should be considered an internal base for
> > developpers only, it is not part of the release.

OK.

> > > Also, Junit for Java 1.3 is now at 3.8.2; might as well update the build?
> >
> > Yes. I'll update the pom file.
> >

> > > It would be useful to include a simple "how to build" document in SVN
> > > (and on the web-site).
> >
> > Sure. Should we be consistent with some document shared accross all
> > commons projects or should we write something ourselves ? I think we are
> > similar to other projects, currently switching from maven 1 to maven 2.
>
> A number of components have "building" pages that are vaguely similar,
> but I don't think theres consistency - if you want something to start
> with I updated Commons IO's building page for maven2 recently:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/io/building.html
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/trunk/xdocs/building.xml

It would be useful to have a brief BUILDING.txt file or similar in the
source archive.
It could reference the web-site for the additional details.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.