Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Frank, Tim" <Ti...@softwareag.com> on 2008/06/10 23:04:10 UTC

Axis2 Transports and support for administrative commands?

I know you can retrieve wsdl for an Axis2 service by using the http
transport and appending ?wsdl to the URL. Similarly you can retrieve
schema by appending ?xsd and you can get a list of registered Axis
services with the URL ending in services/.

Do, or should, the other supplied Axis transport mechanisms (JMS, mail,
etc) have the ability to retrieve WSDL, Schema or lists of registered
Axis services like the HTTP transport does?

Tim Frank

Re: Axis2 Transports and support for administrative commands?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Frank, Tim wrote:
> I know you can retrieve wsdl for an Axis2 service by using the http
> transport and appending ?wsdl to the URL. Similarly you can retrieve
> schema by appending ?xsd and you can get a list of registered Axis
> services with the URL ending in services/.
>
> Do, or should, the other supplied Axis transport mechanisms (JMS, mail,
> etc) have the ability to retrieve WSDL, Schema or lists of registered
> Axis services like the HTTP transport does?

In my understanding, WSDL served for ?wsdl is a document, and not a
message. HTTP can handle documents, hence ?wsdl works over http. If the
other transports can handle documents, then they should be able to
server the ?wsdl request.
Alternatively, metadata exchange could be used for this, because then,
the WSDL could be communicated within a message.

Samisa...

> Tim Frank

Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/