Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 16:40:50 UTC

How many nodes do we require

We have two data centers. Our requirement is simple

Assuming that we have equal number of nodes in each DC we should be able to run with the loss of one DC and loss of at most one node in the surviving DC. Can this be achieved with 6 nodes (3 in each). Obviously for that all data must be available  in any two nodes. Any pointers on replication factor.

Thanks

--
Sent from mobile.

Re: How many nodes do we require

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
@Rakesh:

Are you telling a SimpleReplication topology with RF=3
> or NetworkTopology with RF=3.

Just always go with NetworkTopology, I see no reason not doing it nowadays,
even on test clusters. If you use SimpleReplicationTopology, all the
machines will be considered as only one datacenter, no matters their
localisation or configuration which can lead to a lot of issues.

C*heers,
-----------------------
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Maybe that's a great definition of a modern distributed cluster: each
person (node) has a different notion of priority.

I'll wait for the next user email in which they complain that their data is
"too stable" (missing updates.)

-- Jack Krupansky

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Jacques-Henri Berthemet <

Posted by Jacques-Henri Berthemet <ja...@genesys.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Posted by Jacques-Henri Berthemet <ja...@genesys.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.