Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <ba...@metaperl.com> on 2005/03/23 02:13:06 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite: appending to query string on custom HTTP header

First: I may be able to convince the powers-that-be to use a different
header/server variable for this purpose as my reading of the
RewriteCond docs implies that what is currently wanted is not
possible. Hijacking HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION does not look like too big a
hit on my karma.

Second: escaping out to Perl via RewriteMap and prg: will be frowned
upon for speed/uniformity reasons.

So finally: when a request hits our apache server and the request
includes the header x-vc-https with value "on" then how might I append
"SECURE=1" to the query string and then redirect the entire new request to
http://localhost:8071/$ENTIRE_NEW_REQUEST

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite: appending to query string on custom HTTP header

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:13:06 +0000, Terrence Brannon
<ba...@metaperl.com> wrote:
> So finally: when a request hits our apache server and the request
> includes the header x-vc-https with value "on" then how might I append
> "SECURE=1" to the query string and then redirect the entire new request to
> http://localhost:8071/$ENTIRE_NEW_REQUEST

Your question is not exactly clear, but this might get you started:

RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-VC-HTTPS} ^on$
RewriteRule (.*) http://localhost:8071/$1?SECURE=1 [QSA,R]

Joshua.