Posted to nutch-general@lucene.apache.org by kwoolard <kw...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/14 08:29:50 UTC

Tomcat web application remote

Have installed and configured Nutch on a Solaris 10 server. However I have
been told that installing the Tomcat Web application is a breach of security
for the server it's installed on - No idea why.
Looks like I will have to redo everything again on another server.

However I thought it may have been possible to Install and configure the
Tomcat on another server and leave the Nutch and Java stuff as is on the
original server.

What I tried was a fresh install of the Tomcat webapplication on the new
server and in the
/opt/ACCtomcat/webapps/nutch-1.0/WEB-INF/classes/nutch-site.xml I pointed
the <value> to the server where the DB is i.e.

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>searcher.dir</name>
      <value>server_name:/var/Nutch/db</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

I also did a svcadm restart ACCtomcat

Unfortunately this did not work when I tried to lauch a query as it could
not find the DB.

Is this possible to do or is it my syntax is wrong in the nutch-site.xml
file ?