Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/01/18 16:22:57 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Trivial Update of "MassCheck" by FredTarasevicius

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by FredTarasevicius:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MassCheck

The comment on the change is:
Trying to make it easier for first time mass-checkers.

  == Using network tests ==

- For mass-checks for scoresets 1 or 3, using network tests, you need to provide the {{{--net}}} switch.  Ensure Net::DNS, Mail::SPF::Query, Razor, Pyzor and DCC are installed.
+ For mass-checks for scoresets 1 or 3, using network tests, you need to provide the {{{--net}}} switch.  Ensure Net::DNS, Mail::SPF::Query, Razor (InstallingRazor), Pyzor (InstallingPyzor) and DCC (["InstallingDCC"]) are installed.

  Network tests are slow unless you use the -j switch to allow mass-check to start multiple parallel scanning processes.

Re: [Spamassassin Wiki] Trivial Update of "MassCheck" by FredTarasevicius

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 04:16:51PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> > Razor/DCC/Pyzor are all use rules.  So there is no need to install those
> > for a mass-check, unless you have lots of msgs that were not checked
> > initially.  We should only be using the historical data for these rules
> > anyway, so probably best to not install them even if you do have a lot
> > of messages that were not checked initially.

We also need to go through and verify that any net tests have "reuse"
appropriately configured, and that any new net rules are properly pushed into
3.1 so we can get real world results.  Speaking of which, I should look at
getting DNSWL in 3.1...

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"A book is like a mirror.  If an ass peers in, you can't exactly expect

Re: [Spamassassin Wiki] Trivial Update of "MassCheck" by FredTarasevicius

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
Apache Wiki wrote:

>   == Using network tests ==
>
> - For mass-checks for scoresets 1 or 3, using network tests, you need to provide the {{{--net}}} switch.  Ensure Net::DNS, Mail::SPF::Query, Razor, Pyzor and DCC are installed.
> + For mass-checks for scoresets 1 or 3, using network tests, you need to provide the {{{--net}}} switch.  Ensure Net::DNS, Mail::SPF::Query, Razor (InstallingRazor), Pyzor (InstallingPyzor) and DCC (["InstallingDCC"]) are installed.

Razor/DCC/Pyzor are all use rules.  So there is no need to install those
for a mass-check, unless you have lots of msgs that were not checked
initially.  We should only be using the historical data for these rules
anyway, so probably best to not install them even if you do have a lot
of messages that were not checked initially.

I'll argue that we should only allow previously scanned messages for
mass-checks (excluding shortcircuit msgs as well) but that argument
would probably be tough to win. *grin*

Michael