Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@hermes.si> on 2000/08/09 15:58:56 UTC

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_wc update.c

sussman@tigris.org wrote:
>    /* kff todo: this will want to be somewhere else, and get decided at
>       configure time too probably.  For now let's just get checkout
>       working. */
>   +/* ben sez:  aha!  then this belongs in our "config.h" file! */
>   +
>    #define SVN_DIR_SEPARATOR '/'

Just a small note here: we might want to use a more generic
path parsing library later on. (Do we want Subversion to ever
run on VMS? No? Why not?)

    Brane

--
Branko Čibej                 <br...@hermes.si>
HERMES SoftLab, Litijska 51, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_wc update.c

Posted by "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <sh...@eros-os.org>.
On Windows the directory separator can appear as *either* '/' or '\'
depending on circumstances, and that the drive separator is a different
thing altogether, and that the start of a share begins with '\\'. In the
end, a platform-specific path management library is definitely called for.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.
Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net> writes:
> > Just a small note here: we might want to use a more generic
> > path parsing library later on. (Do we want Subversion to ever
> > run on VMS? No? Why not?)
>
> Yep, definitely.  But: "Premature generalization is the root of all
> evil." :-)

To clarify, what I meant by that was:

   a) Such an abstraction is definitely a Good Thing, but

   b) Not working on it just yet because am trying to get other things
      working, and it's not hard to add this later (if one is aware
      it's coming and codes accordingly)

-K

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_wc update.c

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.