Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Greene <ag...@romulin.com> on 2002/09/26 14:47:21 UTC

Questions about " [SECURITY] Apache Tomcat 4.x JSP source disclosure vulnerability"

Maybe I don't understand, but DefaultServlet, which is supposed to serve
static content is disabled... How are we supposed to serve up pictures, etc
that are static??

Re: Questions about " [SECURITY] Apache Tomcat 4.x JSP source disclosure vulnerability"

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The DefaultServlet is "ok". But is was being called by the invoker
servlet in a roundabout (unintended manner). The invoker servlet is
typically mapped to /servlet/*

The invoker servlet should be disabled. Or "restricted" using many of
the ways described in other threads.

You should be fine allowing the DefaultServlet  to work.