Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Entropy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 19:28:39 UTC

Feedback Panel Request

My analysis team has made some requests on how to show errors that I'd like
some advice on how to accomplish in wicket.

We have a page level feedback panel as well as a component level feedback
panel.  Currently, errors show in both and as plain text.

Request #1 - Can we put links in the page feedback panel only to jump to the
control for that message.  So a  in each message, but ONLY on the top
feedback panel.

Request #2 - Show required messages in page feedback panel, but NOT in the
component feedback panel.  As there will be little required asterisks, these
messages are redundant at the control level, and they'd like to only show
them in the page level feedback panel.

I've no idea how to do either of these. <#SomeControl>

Re: Feedback Panel Request

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Take a look at the source of FeedbackPanel.java and some of its
specializations
- FencedFeedbackPanel (wicket-core)
- JGrowlFeedbackPanel (wicketstuff-jquery)
- NotificationPanel (wicket-bootstrap)

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting