Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> on 2002/01/03 00:50:38 UTC

[POLL] tubine 2.2 release

we plan to use the decoupled torque and fulcrum packages for turbine 2.2
almost all patches and enhancements only go to the decoupled repos at the moment.
it looks like this could be finished in some weeks ...

it looks like there are many users interested in updating there projects to turbine 2.2-dev

so here is my question:

* would you prefere to wait for the 2.2 release which includes the decoupled packages or
* would you prefere a 2.2 (beta) release based on the code in turbine-2 now?

if there is a strong demand for a release based on the current turbine-2 code we will work on the
tdk now and you'll have to wait longer for the release with the decoupled packages!

i would prefere to get the release with the decoupled packages as soon as possible ... what do you
think?

martin

Re: [POLL] tubine 2.2 release

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at> writes:

> we plan to use the decoupled torque and fulcrum packages for turbine 2.2
> almost all patches and enhancements only go to the decoupled repos at the moment.
> it looks like this could be finished in some weeks ...
>
> it looks like there are many users interested in updating there projects to turbine 2.2-dev
>
> so here is my question:
>
> * would you prefere to wait for the 2.2 release which includes the decoupled packages or
> * would you prefere a 2.2 (beta) release based on the code in turbine-2 now?
>
> if there is a strong demand for a release based on the current
> turbine-2 code we will work on the tdk now and you'll have to wait
> longer for the release with the decoupled packages!
>
> i would prefere to get the release with the decoupled packages as soon
> as possible ... what do you think?

I would prefer that the decoupled packages be used, but the sooner a
2.2 release gets out the door, the better (regardless of which option
is chosen -- a 2.3 could always quickly follow on the heels of 2.2).

Dan

Re: [POLL] tubine 2.2 release

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
From: "Martin Poeschl" <mp...@marmot.at>
> we plan to use the decoupled torque and fulcrum packages for turbine 2.2
> almost all patches and enhancements only go to the decoupled repos at the
moment.
> it looks like this could be finished in some weeks ...

"some" = approximately how many?

> it looks like there are many users interested in updating there projects
to turbine 2.2-dev

definitely!

> so here is my question:
>
> * would you prefere to wait for the 2.2 release which includes the
decoupled packages or

+1  - I am sure we will all survive the extra wait and that it will be
worthwhile.

> * would you prefere a 2.2 (beta) release based on the code in turbine-2
now?

> if there is a strong demand for a release based on the current turbine-2
code we will work on the
> tdk now and you'll have to wait longer for the release with the decoupled
packages!

> i would prefere to get the release with the decoupled packages as soon as
possible ... what do you
> think?
>
> martin

Cheers,

Scott

RE: [POLL] tubine 2.2 release

Posted by "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <go...@aditiva.com>.
> * would you prefere to wait for the 2.2 release which includes
> the decoupled packages or

+1

> * would you prefere a 2.2 (beta) release based on the code in
> turbine-2 now?

-1

I think the best would be to do this ASAP:

* To have a 2.2 release with decoupled Torque and Fulcrum, where
  these packages correspond to the HEAD revisions.
* TO put the 2.x branch in bug-maintenance-only mode, and dedicate
  development efforts to the 3.x branch (whatever that ends up
  becoming).

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com