Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by sokka <so...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/28 02:56:50 UTC

to treat GW ip same as external IP

 Dear Group Members,

I have a GW IP from where all mails will come and fall to my real server. I
have spamassassin in my real server whihc is almost uptodate. Now, whenever
i rcv a mail by bypassing the gw it is stamped as SPAM where if the same
mail comes thru that gw it is marked in low rate.

How to reactivate my gw ip in my spamassassin to scan as if a normal ip.

regards

Re: to treat GW ip same as external IP

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
sokka wrote:
> Dear Group Members,
>
> I have a GW IP from where all mails will come and fall to my real
> server. I have spamassassin in my real server whihc is almost
> uptodate. Now, whenever i rcv a mail by bypassing the gw it is stamped
> as SPAM where if the same mail comes thru that gw it is marked in low
> rate.
>
> How to reactivate my gw ip in my spamassassin to scan as if a normal ip.
Re-declare your "internal_networks" and exclude your gateway IP.

Posted by Gino Cerullo <gc...@pixelpointstudios.com>.
On 27-Jul-06, at 8:56 PM, sokka wrote:

> Dear Group Members,
>
> I have a GW IP from where all mails will come and fall to my real
> server. I have spamassassin in my real server whihc is almost
> uptodate. Now, whenever i rcv a mail by bypassing the gw it is
> stamped as SPAM where if the same mail comes thru that gw it is
> marked in low rate.
>
> How to reactivate my gw ip in my spamassassin to scan as if a
> normal ip.
>
> regards

Are you perhaps asking about trusted_networks which is configured in
local.cf

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

--
Gino Cerullo