Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by MrRothstein <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/05 16:09:51 UTC

maven assembly packaging + archiva

I'm using archiva as my maven repository. I'm running into a problem
packaging an assembly when a service unit dependency has not been installed
into the local repository. The package goal for assembly complains that the
service-unit dependency is not found. I am able to package the assembly if i
run the install goal on the service-unit project. The location of the files
in repos is different, locally all of the files are stored under the version
directory, in archiva each artifact type is placed in a different directory.
Has anybody else run into this problem? Is there a way to work around it? I
would like to be able to deploy a service-unit and have somebody else
package the assembly without them having to rebuild they service-unit.

Using:
 ServiceMix: 3.1.2
 Archiva: 1.0-beta-2
 Maven: 2.0.7

Thanks

Re: maven assembly packaging + archiva

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

This question is more related to Archiva than to ServiceMix, but...

You have probably configured Archiva to use the Maven 1 repository
layout (e.g. /log4j/jars/log4j-1.2.15.jar).  To use this type of
repository in Maven 2, you have to add <layout>legacy</layout> to your
repository definition (cfr.
http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Repositories)

Gert