Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com> on 2010/04/11 15:19:04 UTC

Re: Derby not honoring order by clause (insight requested)

BJ Freeman wrote:

> if I read this correct
> summary:
> using the entity engine you get the correct results
> using SQL you don't.
> since the entity engine returns the correct results what is it sending
> to the dB and how is it sorting.
> If you are sending sql(sql pass through) then you by-passing ofbiz and
> just the JBDC and databse are concerned.
>
> =========================
> BJ Freeman
> http://bjfreeman.elance.com
> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
> <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
> Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>
> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>
> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
> Linkedin
> <http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro>

Hi BJ -- I think you misunderstood.  I am using the entity model via the
findByAnd method on the standard delegator implementation.  When debugging I
stepped down to the generation for the sql statement and just posted the raw
sql that Ofbiz was generating.

BTW - I had edited my original post to fix a mis-spelling in the title, so I
just quoted your post back to this thread.