Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2007/09/16 17:12:17 UTC

[T5] component packs? libraries?

So I think I've read most if not all of the T5 documentation, and I
don't see any mention of the old Component Libraries.. Could someone
give me some insight?

Re: [T5] component packs? libraries?

Posted by Otry Itrch <ot...@gmail.com>.
I am trying to repeat what Ted has done in his FCKEditor and
DatePicker to package my own custom components:

1. I created a couple of components, they work fine in the project
where they are created.
2. I packaged everything used by these components into a JAR with structure like

com.myserver.myapp.LibModule
com.myserver.myapp.components.*
com.myserver.myapp.util.*
com.myserver.myapp.services.*

3. In the com.myserver.myapp.LibModule I included the following:

public static void
contributeComponentClassResolver(Configuration<LibraryMapping>
configuration) {
        configuration.add(new LibraryMapping("mylib", "com.myserver.myapp"));
    }

4. I made sure that the manifest of the JAR contains this line:

Tapestry-Module-Classes: com.myserver.myapp.LibModule

However, when I dropped the resulting JAR into a lib directory of
another project and tried to use one of the custom components like

I got an exception:

Unable to resolve component type 'mylib/MyComponent' to a component
class name. Available component types...

Where I am wrong then?

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@alum.mit.edu>.
Cool.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.