Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Bailey <ch...@codeintensity.com> on 2002/06/25 22:50:45 UTC

io exceptions with JDK 1.4 and Tomcat 4.0.x

I've seen some mention of JDK 1.4 and Tomcat 4.0.x.  Recently we started
using JDK 1.4 on Linux and Windows 2000.  When we run our app under Tomcat,
we quite often see a stack trace by Tomcat where it's doing io related
stuff.  I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this, what might be causing
it, what I should look for and so on:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current state = FLUSHED, new state =
CODING_END
        at
java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.throwIllegalStateException(CharsetEncoder.ja
va:933)
        at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(CharsetEncoder.java:529)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.flushLeftoverChar(StreamEncoder.java:356)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implClose(StreamEncoder.java:413)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.close(StreamEncoder.java:158)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:222)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.close(PrintWriter.java:137)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.finishResponse(ResponseBase.java:
482)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.finishResponse(HttpResponseBa
se.java:236)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpResponseImpl.finishResponse(HttpRespo
nseImpl.java:288)
        at
1039)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107
)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

____
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity       http://www.codeintensity.com