Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Chuck Yang <ch...@getcruise.com> on 2021/03/03 21:08:37 UTC

Review request for 2 Python BigQuery IO related PRs

Hi Beam devs,

Could I have reviews on the following two PRs?

* [BEAM-11884] Pass destination as str rather than TableReference
within BigQueryBatchFileLoads #14112 [1]
* [BEAM-11277] Respect schemaUpdateOptions during BigQuery load with
temporary tables #14113 [2]

The first PR fixes a bug I encountered in master around serialization
of BigQuery table references.

The second PR addresses a bug in which BigQuery schema update options
are not respected during WriteToBigQuery with temporary tables.
Ideally BigQuery copy jobs which append data to a table can be
configured with schema update options, but since that's not the case,
I hope the PR provides an acceptable workaround.

I'd like to get these in before the release cut next week if possible.

Thanks!
Chuck

*Confidentiality Note:* We care about protecting our proprietary
information, confidential material, and trade secrets. This message may
contain some or all of those things. Cruise will suffer material harm if
anyone other than the intended recipient disseminates or takes any action
based on this message. If you have received this message (including any
attachments) in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender
promptly.

Re: Review request for 2 Python BigQuery IO related PRs

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Thanks! Yes, I'll take a look!

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
+Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>