Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Duane Gran <dg...@spinweb.net> on 2003/05/06 14:24:38 UTC

still in fear of attachments

I have read Steve Loughran's PDF "Fear of Attachments" and I've studied
the example in samples/attachments with 1.1rc2, however I am unable to
make attachments work with Axis.  I get a "No support for attachments"
runtime exception.

I've done all the requisite things, like making sure that
activation.jar and mail.jar are in the classpath, and happyaxis.jsp
agrees with me about this.  Are there any other fundamental issues I
may be overlooking to make attachments work?

If someone might have a fairly complete client/server example with
attachments I might be able to find where I've gone astray.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Duane

Re: still in fear of attachments

Posted by Venkatesh Kancharla <ve...@strandgenomics.com>.
I did send this before...

After compiling these source files, place ResMsgAttach.class and
TestResMsgAttach.class in the <Axis_classes>/testing/resmsgattach
directory.

To call this service

java testing.resmsgattach.Client
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/ResMsgAttachTesting <param1>
<param2> <param3> <optional param4>

(Assuming u have placed the Client.class and ResMsgAttach.class in
<home>/testing/resmsgattach directory)

This service sends an object which consists of an array and a file and
recieves the same object but different values.
param1 specifies the size of the array u want to send.
param2 specifies the size of the array u want to recieve.
param3 specifies the filename u want to recieve
param4 specifies teh filename u want to send..

Modifications to be made by u:
In TestResMsgAttach.java, u have to specify a valid path.. (In my case, I
have created a attach directory in my home, and named file names as
1MB.zip, 2MB.zip etc,. So, making param3 value 1,2.. I can make my service
send 1MB.zip.. files..)

Any more clarifications, do mail me..

Venkatesh Kancharla
Associate (Software)
Strand Genomics (http://www.strandgenomics.com)
Bangalore, India

Ph no: 3918992,93, 94, 95 (ext-210)

      If Necessity Is the Mother of Invention,
         then frustration Is Its Father
	                 		-unknown