Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> on 2010/06/05 22:08:40 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts

Duane,

Thanks for responding to my post.  The error message I get from using the NameVirgualHost command is:

[Sat Jun 05 15:38:49 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80 has no VirtualHosts

Here is a copy and paste right out of my httpd.conf

Listen 192.168.0.93:80
Listen 192.168.0.200:80

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93:80

I had in each virtual host configured with the IP address when I received that error.  When I tried your example using the fqdn in the <VirtualHost fqdn.com> container, I mulitple errors like this:

[Sat Jun 05 15:51:21 2010] [warn] VirtualHost fqdn1.com:80 overlaps with VirtualHost fqdn2.com:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive

This is repeated for every name-based virtual host I have until I added the fqdns to /etc/hosts.  However, I still get the error message about NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93 has no Virtual Hosts

Concerning your suggestion for the wild card certificate, I see there is a multi-domain certificate offered that seems like just what I need.  I wonder how I configure my SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile directives.  Do I simply point these directives to the same files within the different ip-based virtual hosts?  Something like this:

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.200:443>
SSLCertificateFile "/files/server.crt"
 SSLCertificateKeyFile "/files/server.key"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.201:443>
SSLCertificateFile "/files/server.crt"
 SSLCertificateKeyFile "/files/server.key"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.202:443>

Posted by Manoj Samtani <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Which Apache version are you using?
Till now Multiple SSL VHOST's are not available for same port and IP. This can be possible through Apache 2.2.12.So, you do not need to take tension ;-)
Just change your Apache Version.
Regards,Manoj

> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:12:09 -0400
> From: covener@gmail.com
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL 	virtual hosts
>
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Jeff Shearer <je...@shearer-family.org> wrote:
> > [Sat Jun 05 15:51:21 2010] [warn] VirtualHost fqdn1.com:80 overlaps with VirtualHost fqdn2.com:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
> >
> > This is repeated for every name-based virtual host I have until I added the fqdns to /etc/hosts.  However, I still get the error message about NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.93 has no Virtual Hosts
> >

> The arguments for your 1 NameVirtualHost and correspoinding N
> VirtualHosts have to be identical in the literal sense, not just
> logically the same.
> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

Bollywood, beauties and the latest flicks on MSN entertainment
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/

Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.