Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Milan jezdik <xj...@seznam.cz> on 2007/08/02 15:02:43 UTC

xhtml:A tag - open in new window

Hi,
is there any way how to create NEW tag (let say xhtml:Z) which will have same
transformation as xmtml:A but target="_blank" will be added to this a href tag
transformation?

The point is allow editors use this new xhtml:Z tag as a tag which opens the
link in a new window.

I assume the way should be adding a new XMLNS name space defining this Z tag
into XSL template. But I don't know how to define this XMLNS :(

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Milan

Re: xhtml:A tag - open in new window

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Milan Jezdik wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> Milan jezdik wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> is there any way how to create NEW tag (let say xhtml:Z) which will
>>> have same
>>> transformation as xmtml:A but target="_blank" will be added to this a
>>> href tag
>>> transformation?
>>
>> why don't you just add the target attribute?
>> i'm not sure i understand what you're up to, but say you wanted two
>> buttons "create link" and "create popup link", then one would create a
>> snippet <a href="url">text</a> and the other would create <a
>> href="url" target="_blank"></text>. no need to fiddle with
>> non-standard elements or custom namespaces.
>> i could show you how to do it in fckeditor or tiny. what editor are
>> you using?
>
> Thanks for reply. You understand well. The point is editors are lazy so
> they don't remember target.... structure.
>
> You are talking about BUTTONS. It sounds like a way. Usually the editors
> are using BXE Editor (BitFlux).

with bxe, you could easily [*] add another button that does the same as
the current link button, but has the extra target attribute.

   [*] for very small values of "easy" :(

are you using lenya 2.0? if so, take a look at the bxe module, there's a
config file somewhere under resources/javascript/misc/inc/config.xml
iirc. also look at resources/javascript/bxe_lenya_glue.js, there you can
see how the current button works. just copy the code and modify it.

> What do you call tiny and fckeditor?

ah, sorry. i should have been more clear. they are two editors which are
not yet officially featured in the default publication, but we are about
to change that real soon now. http://fckeditor.net,
http://tinymce.moxiecode.org.
both cannot be shipped with lenya due to license incompatibilities, but
you can easily download them yourself. check out the module
documentation on the lenya homepage for installation instructions.

hope that helps,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: xhtml:A tag - open in new window

Posted by Milan Jezdik <xj...@seznam.cz>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Milan jezdik wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is there any way how to create NEW tag (let say xhtml:Z) which will
>> have same
>> transformation as xmtml:A but target="_blank" will be added to this a
>> href tag
>> transformation?
>
> why don't you just add the target attribute?
> i'm not sure i understand what you're up to, but say you wanted two
> buttons "create link" and "create popup link", then one would create a
> snippet <a href="url">text</a> and the other would create <a href="url"
> target="_blank"></text>. no need to fiddle with non-standard elements or
> custom namespaces.
> i could show you how to do it in fckeditor or tiny. what editor are you
> using?

Thanks for reply. You understand well. The point is editors are lazy so
they don't remember target.... structure.

You are talking about BUTTONS. It sounds like a way. Usually the editors
are using BXE Editor (BitFlux).

What do you call tiny and fckeditor?

Thanks a lot!

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Milan jezdik wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is there any way how to create NEW tag (let say xhtml:Z) which will
>> have same
>> transformation as xmtml:A but target="_blank" will be added to this a
>> href tag
>> transformation?
>
> why don't you just add the target attribute?
> i'm not sure i understand what you're up to, but say you wanted two
> buttons "create link" and "create popup link", then one would create a
> snippet <a href="url">text</a> and the other would create <a
> href="url" target="_blank"></text>. no need to fiddle with
> non-standard elements or custom namespaces.
> i could show you how to do it in fckeditor or tiny. what editor are
> you using?

It doesn't work in FCK at the moment, I don't think. Something is
stripping the target upon saving. It's either the clean-xhtml.xsl file
or Tidy, which FCK runs. I need to look at that next week.

Richard

Re: xhtml:A tag - open in new window

Posted by Milan Jezdik <xj...@seznam.cz>.

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.