Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io> on 2017/07/17 22:41:04 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-177 Consumer perf tool should count rebalance time

+Users

Thanks for the KIP. I think tracking the rebalance time separately will
help resolve some confusion about the performance results given the
rebalance delay in KIP-134. And it seems generally useful to know how much
overhead is coming from the rebalance in any case.

-Jason

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Jason that we are just adding a new field so the impacted
parser tools maybe limited. This additional information would be very
useful.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-177 Consumer perf tool should count rebalance time

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
OK, sounds good. Let's just make sure we note this in the upgrade notes.

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.