Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/08 17:06:39 UTC

Tomcat manager URL configuration for 2 tomcat instances, Apache + mod_jk

I am trying to set up an environment that has both a Tomcat 5.5.17 and
a Tomcat 5.0.28 instance running, accessed via Apache 2.0.58 + mod_jk.

Can anyone recommend a URL layout to access the different Tomcat managers?

My current configuration looks like this

In httpd.conf
-----------------
JkMount /manager/html* tc5028

In workers.properties
----------------------------
worker.tc5028.type=ajp13
worker.tc5028.host=localhost
worker.tc5028.port=8093

Which works great to access the 5.0.x manager, but how can set up a
JkMount to hit the 5.5.x manager?

thanks

-- brian

Re: Tomcat manager URL configuration for 2 tomcat instances, Apache + mod_jk

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/10/06, David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> No, that won't work.  Copying jar files from server/lib will cause
> classloader problems.  There is a simpler way:
>
> 1. Rename manager.xml in conf/Catalina/localhost to manager-5028.xml
> 2. Change the path attribute in manager-5028.xml to manager-5028
> 3. Restart tomcat (or start if it's already stopped).
> 4. Change JkMount in httpd.conf to JkMount /manager-5028/html* tc5028
> 5. Do apachectl graceful to make httpd read the new config.
>
> When done, the manager for 5.0.28 will be http://localhost/manager-5028/html

Nice, works like a champ.  Thank you very much for your help!

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
No, that won't work.  Copying jar files from server/lib will cause
classloader problems.  There is a simpler way:

1. Rename manager.xml in conf/Catalina/localhost to manager-5028.xml
2. Change the path attribute in manager-5028.xml to manager-5028
3. Restart tomcat (or start if it's already stopped).
4. Change JkMount in httpd.conf to JkMount /manager-5028/html* tc5028
5. Do apachectl graceful to make httpd read the new config.

When done, the manager for 5.0.28 will be http://localhost/manager-5028/html

--David

Posted by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com>.