Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mark Vickers <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/03 18:08:17 UTC

Problem with addAscendingOrderBy() & addDescendingOrderBy()

Hi folks,
I seem to have encountered a bug surrounding the use
of the order by statement.  If I don't add an order by
clause to my criteria, everything works as expected.
When I use the criteria addAscendingOrderByColumn
method, my criteria fails to produce any results.

Here's the code:

crit = new Criteria();
crit.add(QuantitypricePeer.QUANTITY, 0,
Criteria.GREATER_THAN);
System.out.println(crit.toString());

crit.addAscendingOrderByColumn(QuantitypricePeer.QUANTITY);
System.out.println(crit.toString());

And here's the output:

Criteria::
QuantityPrice.QUANTITY<=>(QuantityPrice.QUANTITY>0):
Current Query SQL (may not be complete or applicable):
SELECT  FROM QuantityPrice WHERE
(QuantityPrice.QUANTITY>0)

Criteria::
QuantityPrice.QUANTITY<=>(QuantityPrice.QUANTITY>0):
Current Query SQL (may not be complete or applicable):

Executing the following code now generates an
exception:
qPriceVec = product.getQuantityprices(crit);

(Product is a table linked to the quantityPrice table
via a foreign key.  I'm using MySQL.)

Any suggestions?
thanks,
mark