Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2021/02/06 08:49:36 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.0.0-incubating rc1

Dear all,

Thank you for your help! The voting is now closed and it has passed.

Binding votes:
3: +1 votes
  - Felix Cheung (carry from Sedona dev)
  - Ming Wen
  - Justin Mclean
  - Jean-Baptiste Onofre
0 :  0 votes
0: -1 votes.

Non-binding
1: +1 votes
- Juan Pan
0 :  0 votes
0: -1 votes.

We will follow up with an announce email soon!

Action items to be fixed before the next Sedona release:
1. Report the source of test files e.g. county_small_wkb.tsv [1] and what
license the contents are under.
2. Update the Zeppelin plugin LICENSE to "Copyright (c) 2020 - 2021, Apache
Sedona"
3. Put instructions on how to build the release together with the release,
instead of using the website.
4. Reduce src code size. Probably by removing some examples or docs.

Thank you,
Apache Sedona (incubating) team

[1] ./core/src/test/resources/county_small_wkb.tsv

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Sedona 1.0.0-incubating rc1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Action items to be fixed before the next Sedona release:
> 1. Report the source of test files e.g. county_small_wkb.tsv [1] and what
> license the contents are under.

There are other test files that will also need to be looked into.

> 2. Update the Zeppelin plugin LICENSE to "Copyright (c) 2020 - 2021, Apache
> Sedonaā€¯

The question is more why that copyright is there in the first place not the year range.

Thanks,
Justin