Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Durant <ch...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/12/03 01:54:39 UTC

Tomcat and Apache integration

Hi,

This subject must come up so often I'm sure there must
be an up-to-date FAQ somewhere. If there is I'd be
grateful if someone could direct me to it.

I'm running the following configuration:

.Windows XP
.Apache 2.0.43 (serving correctly on port 80)
.Tomcat 4.1.12 (serving correctly on port 8080)

I simply wish to configure apache to forward JSP and
servlet requests to Tomcat.

I have read the "Working with mod_jk" page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s8

and tried to follow the steps described. I have:

1) Downloaded the mod_jk DLL and placed it in the
apache modules directory

2) Edited httpd.conf to add the line "Include
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf" at the end

3) Tried to run tomcat from the DOS command line with
"startup.bat jkconf" to auto-generate the apache
config files. As far as I can tell this does not work.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with the
following:

1) Create the auto-generated apache config files

2) Confirm the changes to httpd.conf

3) Explain what "workers.properties" is (nowhere to be
found in the default apache or tomcat installations on
windows)

Thanks in advance.

David Durant.

=====
It is unwise to put things you are allergic to in your mouth - especially if it's cats
.

Re: Tomcat and Apache integration

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"David Durant" <ch...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> This subject must come up so often I'm sure there must
> be an up-to-date FAQ somewhere. If there is I'd be
> grateful if someone could direct me to it.
>
> I'm running the following configuration:
>
> .Windows XP
> .Apache 2.0.43 (serving correctly on port 80)
> .Tomcat 4.1.12 (serving correctly on port 8080)
>
> I simply wish to configure apache to forward JSP and
> servlet requests to Tomcat.
>
> I have read the "Working with mod_jk" page:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s8

As flattered as I am that you consider the 3.3 branch as the standard :), in
your case you are better off starting from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html