Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bence Vass <be...@inso.tuwien.ac.at> on 2015/06/18 16:05:33 UTC

Solr 5.2.1 on Solaris

Hello,

Is there any documentation on how to start Solr 5.2.1 on Solaris (Solaris
10)? The script (solr start) doesn't work out of the box, is anyone running
Solaris 5.x on Solaris?

- Thanks

Re: Solr 5.2.1 on Solaris

Posted by "Ramkumar R. Aiyengar" <an...@gmail.com>.
Please open a JIRA with details of what the issues are, we should try to
support this..

Re: Solr 5.2.1 on Solaris

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 6/18/2015 8:05 AM, Bence Vass wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how to start Solr 5.2.1 on Solaris (Solaris
> 10)? The script (solr start) doesn't work out of the box, is anyone running
> Solaris 5.x on Solaris?

I think the biggest problem on Solaris will be the options used on the
ps command.  The ps usage in the solr script appears to be formulated
for the version of ps found on Linux and other free UNIX-like operating
systems, and I know from experience that those options don't work on
Solaris.

The solr script also uses lsof, which I don't think is normally
installed on Solaris.  I'm not sure whether lsof is actually required,
or if the script will work without it.

I won't have time right away, but I will be able to look into this at
some point in the next few days and come up with a patch to make the
script work on Solaris.  If anybody else has the time and skill to do so
immediately, feel free to step in.

Thanks,
Shawn