Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Novakovic <mi...@provinzial.com> on 2003/07/22 15:08:55 UTC

Common Directory Layout

Hello,

according to description on maven.apache.org source files should be
played into subdirectories under /src and the test-cases under /src/test.

If I have the following structur that fullfills the rewuiremts of the
common directory structure:

/src/java_dir_1
/src/java_dir_2
/src/test

how can I tell the POM where my sources are?

if I define
<sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
as the source directory, than test treated like "normal" source and the
eclipse .classpath file is not generated correctly.

I've not found a possibility to define two sourceDirectories like

    <sourceDirectory>src/java_dir_1</sourceDirectory>
    <sourceDirectory>src/java_dir_2</sourceDirectory>

Thank you.

Mirko

Re: Common Directory Layout

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Mirko Novakovic" <mi...@provinzial.com> wrote on 22/07/2003
11:22:19 PM:

> The documentation should be changed or clarified:
> "Other projects may separate the code according to function (src/share,
> src/test, src/rttest). It is highly recommended that sub-directories be
> used under src/."
The easiest way to get the documentation changed or clarified is to submit
a patch to the docs in jira.codehaus.org.

Otherwise, we'll forget or assume it's not that important unless it keeps
happening.

> I will switch to one directory for java sources, don't like
workarounds:-)

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: Common Directory Layout

Posted by Mirko Novakovic <mi...@provinzial.com>.

Re: Common Directory Layout

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 09:08, Mirko Novakovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> according to description on maven.apache.org source files should be
> played into subdirectories under /src and the test-cases under /src/test.
>
> If I have the following structur that fullfills the rewuiremts of the
> common directory structure:
>
> /src/java_dir_1
> /src/java_dir_2
> /src/test
>
> how can I tell the POM where my sources are?

You can only have one location for your java application sources. This
won't change it's been discussed many, many times. Go look in the
archive if you want to find the reasons and some workarounds if you're
desperate for multiple application source directories.

> if I define
> <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
> as the source directory, than test treated like "normal" source and the
> eclipse .classpath file is not generated correctly.
>
> I've not found a possibility to define two sourceDirectories like
>
>     <sourceDirectory>src/java_dir_1</sourceDirectory>
>     <sourceDirectory>src/java_dir_2</sourceDirectory>
>

> Thank you.
>
> Mirko

jvz.

Jason van Zyl