Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by RUPALI <r....@mpstechnologies.com> on 2009/04/27 08:33:23 UTC

How to resolve error : Left side ($menuCurrentPage) of '==' operation has null value. If a reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not possible.

Hi,

The problem I am facing is that occasionally Resourcenotfound/unable to
parse file  error comes on the velocity pages which go on page refresh.

The following error is shown in the server logs before the logging of
resourcenotfound exception:

Left side ($menuCurrentPage) of '==' operation has null value. If a
reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not possible.

Is something related to the velocity engine here?

The problem is occurring right now only on staging site of my website, and
thankfully is not on Live. But it is happening a lot of times on staging and
is becoming troublesome

Thanks,

Rupali

Re: How to resolve error : Left side ($menuCurrentPage) of '==' operation has null value. If a reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not possible.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM, RUPALI <r....@mpstechnologies.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
> I noticed that we are using velocity-1.5 but velocity-tools-1.4
> Can this make a difference too?
>
> Shall I change both the jars to the same version?

no.  the versions are not synchronized.  i recommend Velocity 1.6.2
with either VelocityTools 1.4 or 2.0-beta3.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RUPALI <r....@mpstechnologies.com>.