Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mithun Seal <mi...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/13 07:55:20 UTC

SOLR and Zookeeper compatibility

Hi Team,

Could you please help me with below compatibility question.

1. We are trying to install zookeeper externally along with SOLR 7.5.0. As
noted, SOLR 7.5.0 comes with Zookeeper 1.3.11. Can I install Zookeeper
1.3.10 with SOLR 7.5.0. Zookeeper 1.3.10 will be compatible with SOLR 7.5.0?

2. What is the suggested version of Zookeeper should be used with SOLR
7.5.0?

Thanks,
Mithun

Re: SOLR and Zookeeper compatibility

Posted by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mithun,

AFAIK, Solr 7.5.0 comes with ZooKeeper 3.4.11.  At least, those are
the jar versions I see when I unpack a Solr 7.5.0 distribution.  Where
are you seeing 1.3.11?  There is no 1.3.11 ZooKeeper release as far as
I'm aware.  There must be some confusion here.

Generally speaking, since 3.4.11 is the version the community
primarily was testing with at the time of Solr 7.5.0's release, that's
also probably the safest version to use.  That said, users do
frequently choose other ZooKeeper versions within the same release
line (3.4.x) for one reason or another and don't report many issues
doing so.  A few of the exceptions are tracked in our JIRA portal and
you can get more info by searching there.

Best,

Jason