Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Zapletal <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/04 09:39:51 UTC

Splitter based on header information

Hi folks,

I've gone through the docs of the Splitter. However, what I have learned
so far is that the element that is used for splitting must be defined
within the DSL (at design time) - or is there any chance to split an XML
document based on header information, which can be set at run time?

Thanks and best regards,

Marco

Re: Splitter based on header information

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Marco Zapletal <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I've gone through the docs of the Splitter. However, what I have learned so
> far is that the element that is used for splitting must be defined within
> the DSL (at design time) - or is there any chance to split an XML document
> based on header information, which can be set at run time?

Yep the splitter uses an expression, so it can refer to a header. Then
you can set the value of the header at runtime.

--
Claus Ibsen