Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fritz Schneider <Fr...@Peacham.HomeIP.net> on 2005/04/11 21:13:52 UTC

Help needed with Tomcat 5.5.7 admin app (MBeanServer is not available)

Simon,

I had the same problem. Then I discovered that the admin app had to be
installed under ${Catalina.home}/server/webapps rather than just
${Catalina.home}/webapps. Once I moved the directory to where the Context
docBase said it was supposed to be, it started working.

Fritz

  _____

From: Simon Watson <si...@gmail.com>
Subject: Help needed with Tomcat 5.5.7 admin app (MBeanServer is not
available)
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:18:49 GMT

  _____

Hi there,

I've just installed Tomcat 5.5.7 (using the .exe installer on WinXP)
and, whilst the server and manager app work fine, I'm having problems
with the optional admin webapp.

I downloaded the admin zip file and extracted the files to the
appropriate locations. The admin app starts ok and I can log in, but
when I click on "Environmental Entries" (or try to add a datasource),
I get a 500 response with the message "MBeanServer is not available"
(stack trace from stdout log below).