Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/02 22:15:44 UTC

Presentations about Apache Software Foundation

Hi

I was asked to make a small talk about ASF and my project (Apache ServiceMix) during an open source conference in
Poland. Could you recommend me some existing presentations (or other resources) about ASF (especially with actual data
like number of projects, number of committers,...)  which could help me to construct some slides how ASF works?
Especially I'd like to see some presentations where you talk about ASF, your project and your experiences/story in
community work.

Thanks for your support.

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

RE: Presentations about Apache Software Foundation

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
http://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

for updated stats see https://projects-new.apache.org/ (will eventually be projects.apache.org)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Mine are usually creative commons, fwiw. But would re-license
if requested.

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Exactly the same as code. It's the same license, the fact its slides, code, documentation or whatever it's irrelevant.

Use my slides however you want, modify them however you want.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
My intention is to simply look how other more experienced people do this. But after Ross's answer a new question was
born in my head. What does exactly the Apache License mean for slides? How can the Apache licensed slides be reused?

Regards
Krzysztof

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
a. Board is elected annually (semiannually means twice a year, and not
"annually or so".

b. On slide 29 you write ActoveMQ in the title.

c. On slide 37 "make sue" --> "make sure", also "direcion" should be
"direction", "anterprise" --> "enterprise", maybe write "oss" in capital
letters, "Push changes to oss back" --> "Push changes back to OSS"

d. On slide 40, I think Subversion has "ask and get" committer access, but
the 1-2 months is the invitation to PMC.

HTH
Niclas

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://zest.apache.org/qi4j <http://www.qi4j.org> - New Energy for Java

Re: Presentations about Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.