Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> on 2008/06/25 20:10:03 UTC

adding users and mailing from archiva

So a user has signed up, but because our mail server is
rejecting/refusing connection (same such connection info works from an
ant mail task), he's not getting the validation email.

I've set passwords for this user, but they can't log in from their
machine.  Any suggestions?

2008-06-25 14:05:33,993 [http-8080-34] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send

message, subject [Welcome to Maven Archiva]

org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending
the message.

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.send(
AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:22

4)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendMessage(Mailer.java:14
5)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendAccountValidationEmail
(Mailer.java:70)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.action.RegisterAction.resendRegistrati
onEmail(RegisterAction.java:207)

        at
a:39)

        at
Impl.java:25)

        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActio
nInvocation.java:358)

        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultA
ctionInvocation.java:218)

        at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvoc
ation.java:192)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.in
tercept(SecureActionInterceptor.ja

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP
host: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, port: 25;

  nested exception is:

        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)

        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)

Re: adding users and mailing from archiva

Posted by Andi Weibel <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Have you already tried to connect directly to your mail server from the
machine on which your archiva runs?

You can test the connection e.g. with the command:

# telnet smtp-host.your-company.com 25

Regards,
andi

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
Thank you - our virus scan tries to block the communication....

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:10 AM, EJ Ciramella
<ej...@upromise.com> wrote:
> So a user has signed up, but because our mail server is
> rejecting/refusing connection (same such connection info works from an
> ant mail task), he's not getting the validation email.

Until you get the mail server configuration figured out, you can turn
off the requirement for validation in security.properties.

--
Wendy

Re: adding users and mailing from archiva

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.