Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Katrin Tomanek <ka...@averbis.com> on 2012/02/08 11:14:48 UTC

POS Tag Dictionaries

Hi,

I've got a question on the XML format of the tag dictionaries used by
the pos tagger.

I could not find any documentation on this
(http://incubator.apache.org/opennlp/documentation/manual/opennlp.html
says that the documentation requires further information on this point).

Can anybody specify the format for me, or, even better, send me a sample
tag dictionary?

Thanks alot,
Katrin

--
Dr. Katrin Tomanek
Averbis GmbH

Fon: +49 (0) 761 - 203 97696
Fax: +49 (0) 761 - 203 97694
E-Mail: katrin.tomanek@averbis.com

Geschäftsführer: Dr. med. Philipp Daumke, Dr. Kornél Markó
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i. Br.
AG Freiburg i. Br., HRB 701080

Re: POS Tag Dictionaries

Posted by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Katrin,

Maybe you want to create a dictionary using the API. You should create a
subclass of POSDictionary and use the method addTags(String word, String...
tags) to populate it.
Your class should be in the package opennlp.tools.postag, because the
addTags method is package-private.

http://incubator.apache.org/opennlp/documentation/1.5.2-incubating/apidocs/opennlp-tools/index.html
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/opennlp/trunk/opennlp-tools/src/main/java/opennlp/tools/postag/POSDictionary.java?view=markup

Regards,