Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "L. Karam" <le...@ebs.com.br> on 2003/08/01 16:37:16 UTC

Error in start

Hi, i am istalling apache 2.0 for first time, and when try to start de apache, dont work. In the error_log this is written:

[Fri Aug 01 08:08:15 2003] [emerg] (22)Invalid argument: Couldn't set permissions on cross-process lock; check User and Group directives
[Fri Aug 01 08:15:54 2003] [warn] pid file /usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

What i have to do ?
I have the Debian distribution for Linux

Tks

Leandro Karam

ps. sorry my english

Re: Error in start

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, L. Karam wrote:

> Hi, i am istalling apache 2.0 for first time, and when try to start de apache, dont work. In the error_log this is written:
>
> [Fri Aug 01 08:08:15 2003] [emerg] (22)Invalid argument: Couldn't set
> permissions on cross-process lock; check User and Group directives

Find the file httpd.conf.  Open it with a text editor.  Find the
lines starting in User and Group and change them to point to a real user
and group on your system.  Preferably, use a user and group with low
priveleges.

Joshua.