Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Wolfgang Breyha <wb...@gmx.net> on 2005/08/05 12:54:20 UTC

escaping: must have lost requests

Hi!

I tried to run SA 3.1 pre3 and pre4, but I've lots of troubles with
lost DNS requests.

I tried pre 4 now on (with updated but original perl rpms) redhat 7.3
and FC1-4 on different hosts, networks and DNS (even local caching
NS). With or without custom rules...doesn't make any difference.
Net::DNS 0.52, 0.53, 0.53_01 ... doesn't make any difference.

As far as I can tell with tcpdump it seems that all the Requests get
a response from DNS but get lost anywhere in the machine running SA afterwards.

Wenn I do a
spamassassin -D <sample-nonspam.txt
I sometimes (approx. every third time) get:
[3612] dbg: uridnsbl: queries completed: 1 started: 1
[3612] dbg: uridnsbl: queries active: A=12 DNSBL=5 at Fri Aug  5 12:29:09 2005
[3612] dbg: uridnsbl: escaping: must have lost requests
[3612] dbg: uridnsbl: aborting remaining lookups
[3612] dbg: uridnsbl: done waiting for URIDNSBL lookups to complete

One machine (the FC1 one) hangs completly till the lookup timeout
occures (6-10 seconds) and looses about 1/3 of all RBL lookups.

Non of these machines have troubles of that kind with SA <= 3.0.4.

Any ideas?

Regards, Wolfgang
--
  /    Werte kann man nur durch Veränderung bewahren.    \
/   Richard Löwenthal            http://www.blafasel.at  \