Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 11:12:20 UTC

Re: Provisioning a Sling based Enterprise Platform

Hi Juanjo,

Juan José Vázquez Delgado schrieb:
> "Glad to hear from you ;-)"
>
>>> Thanks, i hope to be more active in the future (too much work until now
> ...:-( ).

Cool ;-)

> "I agree, that this should be simplified. We have been thinking of a
> packaging descriptor from which we may simply build any packagings. But we
> didn't come to any good solution yet."
>
>>> Agreed. My feeling is that it´s easy for beginners to start with sling
> but not so much when you want to build an enterprise platform with 3rd party
> software. In this sense, [1] could be an interesting try to have the best of
> content-driven applications and SOA togueter.
>
> "
> * JcrInstall (or JcrBundlesInstall)
>  * FileInstall from Apache Felix
>  * Apache Felix WebConsole
>  * Apache Felix Command Console
>  * OSGi Bundle Repository (usable with both Web and Command Console)"
>
>>> Interesting. BTW, How can I use Apache Felix Command Console with a
> launched sling webapp instance?

There are multiple options: One is the simple telnet-based console
provided by Dieter Wimberger (awaiting IP Clearance before integration
into Apache Felix, FELIX-615). Another is the Apache Felix console.tui,
which just reads from stdin of the launched OSGi framework instance. And
finally there is a patch waiting to be committed to the Felix Web
Console, which would enable using the command console using the browser
(FELIX-563).

The first and last items in this list are currently pending action in my
work-queue :-(

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix