Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 22:47:47 UTC

MVN repository for hadoop trunk

Hi guys:

Is there a mvn repo for hadoop's "3.0.0" trunk build?

Clearly the hadoop pom.xml allows us to build hadoop from scratch and
installs it as 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT -- but its not clear wether there is a
published version of this
snapshot jar somewhere.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: MVN repository for hadoop trunk

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Jay:
Harsh is correct.

Take a look at
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-common and you
will see what versions have artifacts in the repo.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> do you think trunk is also stable as well as released stable?

trunk is typically less stable than released artifacts and/or branches
that are actively managed for upcoming releases.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: MVN repository for hadoop trunk

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
hi,
do you think trunk is also stable as well as released stable?

--Send from my Sony mobile.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys Hope this helps someone:

I put in a pull request for adding the hadoop snapshot dependencies into a
pom file.  Its pretty simple - just add the repository XML block in the
pull request here, and then you can easily reference 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in your
pom.xml ... :)

https://github.com/jayunit100/Hadoop-and-Swift-integration/commit/518641fbe159b36060ee82a4dda849cf227d3d98#commitcomment-2959627

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.